Roxanne Shante
Roxanne Wars
So, the UTFO crew, you know what you can do
Everyone knows that he is fresh
Every time you sayin' somethin' just-a like-a this-a
Lemme tell you one for me, and then I'll tell you one for you
And if you're thinkin' that I'm bitin' your beat
Well, then you just better know, and a-listen to me
It ain't nothin' that I don't wanna miss-a
Because my name is Roxanne-a, and I came to say
I'm rockin' to the beat-a, and I do it every day
I'm conceited, never beated, never heard of defeated
I'm rockin' to the beat-a, and you know it is-a me-a:
The R-O-X-A-N-N-E-A
And if you wanna play a little game for me
Lemme show you what you can do, baby
I have all the niggas droppin' down like this
'Cause with a twist of my cheek, and a twist of my wrist
Yeah, I am fly but don't take this
And everybody knows I don't go for it
So, if you're tryin' to be cute and you're tryin' to be fine
You need to cut it out 'cause it's all in your mind
You think you are God, but you do eat lard
Tryin' to be like me, yeah, is very hard
Tryin' to be cute, and you're tryin' to be fly
Don't you know you wish you could be my guy?
So I can take you home, make you relax
And everybody knows that you're out there, tryin' to tax
Like corn-on-the-cob, you're always tryin' to rob
You need to be out there, get yourself a job
Yeah, you're tryin' to be in search of a Roxanne
But lemme let ya know--you're not a real man
'Cause a Roxanne needs a man, and yes:
Someone, yeah, who will never fess
Someone fresh who always address
And then I'll say, yeah, the rest
'Cause everybody knows how the story goes
There's no ifs, no ands, no buts, or suppose
No coke up your nose, no dope in your vein
And then it won't cause no kind of pain
I ask you a question, I wanna know why:
But yet, and still, you're tryin' to be fly
The R-O-X-A-N-N-E?
Why'd ya have to make a record 'bout me?
No comments:
Post a Comment